Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Holy Transfiguration Mission Participates at Annual Patronal Feast of ROCOR Synod Cathedral

Image Source: eadiocese.org
[Subdeacon Benjamin]: I was blessed to participate on Monday in the annual patronal celebration of the Synodal Cathedral of the Sign, the seat of the Synod of Bishops of the Russian Orthodox Church Outside of Russia.  Out of the 6-7 subdeacons serving I was asked to hold prayer book for the bishops during the antiphons and litanies, bear a fan for the small entrance, bear a fan for the great entrance (pictured above), and serve Archbishop Gabriel his zapivka (blessed bread and wine after Holy Communion). 

During the communion of the faithful I was also able to have a short conversation with Metropolitan Hilarion.  I introduced myself and Holy Transfiguration Mission, which we discussed briefly, and asked his prayers for us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment